Monday, November 28, 2005

My Grad School Choices Exposed

Lately, I have been feeling irritable and overwhelmed with anticipation. I now realize it is because I am waiting to see if I am accepted into some of these schools because I really HATE not knowing where my future lies.... I am the type of person who thrives on being able to fantasize or use my imagination to begin creating a template of the future I wish to lead. However, I could end up on the West Coast, Gulf Coast, or here on the East Coast... All I really know is that I need to bring a bathing suit... Water, water, everywhere... not a drop to think!!!! Thinking about this shit is annoying because I really have no clue which school is going to accept me or if any at all are. How am I supposed to prepare for my future??? How am I supposed to think about it??? All I can do is sit there and tease myself with the inevitable "maybes" of perplexity. That is the kiss of death to my kind!!! I WANT TO KNOW ALREADY!!!! GRAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (Breathing deeply and passing much gas.... a minute later, I feel fine with the exception of that damn awful smell!!!! LMAO!) Well, everyone.... here it is! THe following is a sample of what I am anticipating. My future lies in one of the following pictures. As I am the type of person that tries to ensure that even my worse case scenario is acceptable, I have listed my schools in the order in which I would like to go to the most. USF is first on my list because of my dear family. Plus, I am familiar with the area, like it, and have a few friends already. I just hope that Fate blows me in the direction that I need to go. I WILL point out that I only applied to ONE school in FL and ONE school in PA... hint, hint, hint!!!! If I end up on the West Coast, I think I can be a beach bum... If I end up in FL, I am very happy with that; its my first choice... (Or it BETTER BE or my cuz, Kimber, will bruise me up something fierce.... I wonder why she wants me down there so bad??? LMAO! It is a Gemini thing I guess.... LMAO!) If I end up in Philly, I can have lunch with my sister every day I suppose and live the urban thang.... So, without further adou, here are my schools ->





University of South Florida (This is an arboritum on the plush USF campus which is full of fountains and gardens. It is a very attractive campus that is located off Fowler Avenue in Northern Tampa and about 30-45 mins from all of my beloved family in clearwater, if that!!! It is also close to the beach and main attractions.








University of California-San Diego (Actually located in LaJolla, CA; this area is HEAVEN on Earth!!! I have already been there twice! Have you ever seen Mission Bay or the area in SoCa where they rollerblade along the beach or surf where the ocean crashes onto the cliffs??? This is that spot!!! There is no other place on Earth like here! The LaJolla Cove is 5 minutes south of this scene and it is a prominade upon a cliff where white lights, music, and festivities happen year long... if you have ever seen the Lost Boys, this is the area on the Pacific Ocean with the boardwalks and beaches where it was filmed... and it looks it too!




University of California-Santa Barbara (This university is on the beach (see it on the right) and has a lagoon that can be seen on the left. It is sanwiched between the mountains and sea with a village that is alot like New Hope, just richer, nestled around it. Area attractions include San Fran, L.A., Napa Valley wineries, moutdoor sports, wilderness, and sunsets galore... )





San Diego State University (The campus is on the backside of San Diego, near the mountains and about 20 minutes or so from the beaches... mountains and desert behind and beaches and city in front of the campus....)










Temple University (Weiss Hall- Psychology Building in Center City, Philly) This is where I would spend almost 90% of my time. I would be close to my sister, parents, and just a short train ride from my current home in Bucks County, PA... I would probably rent a small 2 BRM apartment in the city for the week and go back to Bucks on the weekends. I can hitch rides to the parents' house or to my twisted sister's crib. I wouldn't need a license. The only danger is that this city is my stomping grounds for when I was a real party machine!!! But, maybe that is a good thing....

2 Comments:

Blogger MiCheleLynnX said...

I like all of your choices...and ya know where ever you go I will roam!

1:05 PM  
Blogger virtual madness unleashed said...

AWESOME!!! Where do YOU wanna go??? LMAO! (I love my sister!!!)

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home