Friday, November 25, 2005

Taking Care of a Caretaker (For My Beloved Aunt Debra)



















There is so much in my Auntie's home
that reminds me of the love I've known.
Every item is a memory;
some of others, some of me...
Decades of celebration between these walls echo.
those are the times of which I can never let go.
Family, lights, Christmas tree,
Halloween, frights, and roast turkey...
Boisterous laughter filling the air
of generations that gather there...
These are the times to think of your mother
for she holds a place that belongs to no other.
I speak to my mother's sister, my aunt, YOU!!!
All I have to give are my words that ring true.
Look around your house and within your heart,
take itinerary of every part,
take a deep breath and turn off the light...
Everything is still there, just not in sight!!!
Your mother IS that light so bright
and when she goes into that dark night
she exists in what she leaves behind
and dwells in your heart, body, and mind.
Now is a time when that light must flicker
and tensions in the air will grow thicker;
a true Angel, you were born from
is preparing you for what must come.
Though her body does not want to die,
her heart and soul doesn't want you to cry
or feel lost in pain, sorrow, and strife.
Grandma lived a full and happy life!
All she really will lose is her hurt and pain...
her fatigue and ailments are what is slain!
She lives forever in those she adores
and there is a peice of her in all of our cores.
We all are good people, with her love and her grace...
I see it all the time within YOUR sweet face.
Sweet Aunt Debrah, no one ever dies,
especially when they are seen within your bright eyes!
I know it is hard to see Grandma through
a time such as this, but what can you do???
You have ALWAYS done what was needed;
in the face of fire, YOU WERE NEVER DEFEATED!
You loved me and my sister when you had no kids of your own
and you will reap that harvest now that we are grown.
I love you with no end, limit, or condition!
Love and acceptance is a family tradition
that was started from none other
than the beautiful person known as your mother!
Look in the mirror and you can see the trace
of Grandma written all over your face!

2 Comments:

Blogger MiCheleLynnX said...

Awww..Bro, That is beautiful.

8:07 PM  
Blogger virtual madness unleashed said...

I am glad you like it... I was thinking about you when I decided to write it. You really ARE so very special to me and my sister!!! We only wish the best for you and your family! I love you too, Aunti Debbie!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home