Monday, February 06, 2006

Two down, four to go!

Well, unfortunately, I have heard back from yet ANOTHER school that has denied me access to their PhD program in neuropsychology; I can say that the prognosis is starting to worry me... The University of South Florida, one of the schools I was banking on, has "regretted" me as of 12 noon this cold February day. This leaves two schools in Cali (San Diego State University & University of California-Santa Barbara), one school in PA (Temple Univ.), and my mystery school... Hopefully, SOMEONE will accept me.
If acceptance to grad school is not in my cards, then I must come up with a back-up plan. Fortunately, if I am "regretted" by all, the back-up plan can be whatever I want it to be. Therefore, I guess my default endeavor will be to find work in a place where I do not need a car. So, I am thinking of getting a job in Philly, which is between my parent's home and my home; a quick train ride can take me to either place. I suppose I can even move to Florida and work too! I could use some Sun and Fun in the Sunshine State, plus ther eare many family members there that are highly supportive of me and most likely willing to take a refugee of sorts for a few weeks. So... Here's to the future!!!! I hope that a school sees me fit to join their program! But, I am willing to use the degrees that I already have to once again start putting together applications once more for grad school in psychology. Two down, four to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home