Thursday, January 26, 2006

Lynda

Lynda is dancing on the ceiling,
she has been pushed too far.
Vaporized and historized...
She knows who her friends are.
Smiling down with her crown
of circling stars,
she's the spirit of the town
and life of the bars.
Cheers to another dead friend, you...
Cheers to another life ... missing.
She is the white, red, and, oh so, blue
that Death has been kissing.
So you talk the talk when you need to
wondering if anyone... missed you.
Just another light gone out?
I know you have your doubt.
You think you are reduced
to no more than a feeling
but, the whole world still isn't used
to the blow of this dealing.
The cards do not say
if you are here or away.
If your gone or here as a wraith
comes down to mere faith.
Lynda is laughing at the thought
of being away or even just not...
The dark of being left behind...
She's waiting on her sunshine.
God knows she has the flames
and heat that she wears.
She always had those burning embers
in every one of those copper hairs.
I got a long taxi ride to where you are
so for now I just look through the glass
watching the world fly by this car
hoping I don't run out of gas.
Lynda is smiling by my side
on my shoulder her head can rest.
On these days when the Sun's rays hide
I can feel you best.

2 Comments:

Blogger MiCheleLynnX said...

Lynda, Lynda, Lynda with a Y. I have been thinking of her alot lately. Maybe it was because I read your poem about her. Is it the time of year of her death? Or maybe she is passing through to visit me right now and I feel her presence? I don't know. I did have a card reader tell me that a young woman comes and sees me every now and then. I never said a word to her about anyone dying in my life. She said a young woman who died in my life a few years ago comes to see me. The statement was very true at the time as it was only a few years since her death. She also told me that my brother should watch himself or he'd find himself in jail for carelessness. Funny huh? Want to go see her? LOL...

5:15 PM  
Blogger virtual madness unleashed said...

Yeah... I would. Death seems to be following me. I lost Renoir tonight. But, to answer you question, Lynda died on Bonnie's birthday in October in 1996.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home